If you're curious as to the answers for the ones you couldn't figure out, answers are ...
... right here:
- Heard of a van that is loaded with weapons, packed up and ready to go.
Talking Heads > Life During Wartime
(props to meisterdorf)
- Hey you, boys in body bags, don't you think Jesus' sexy?
Kid Loco > Gypsie Good Time
- You're not my eater ... I'm not your food.
Massive Attack > Black Milk
- Bury me along the Big Sand, down in those blue-grey mountains.
Dwight Yoakam > Bury Me
- Found your mittens behind a box of pictures, you would wear them before I brewed the tea.
Iron & Wine > Weary Memory
- I was standing in the jungle, I was feeling alright ... I was wondering in the darkness, in the middle of the night.
ELO > Jungle
- I discover the wheel and watch the buildings go by, you talk a little soft, turn off the radio.
Trashcan Sinatras > Weightlifting
- Called to see if your back was still aligned, and your sheets were growing grass all on the corners of your bed.
The Shins > Kissing the Lipless
(shebear got this one)
- Should have been, could have been, would have been dead, if I didn't get the message goin' to my head.
Red Hot Chili Peppers > Suck My Kiss
(nailed by nate_turpentine)
- I see myself in the pouring home, I see the light come over now.
Moby > South Side
(score 1 for the crackmonkey)
- When routine bites hard and ambitions are low, and resentment rides high but emotions won't grow.
Joy Division > Love Will Tear Us Apart
(synthcat, of course, followed by jef182 shortly thereafter)
- The question is wouldn't mama be proud? There's a silver lining in the corporate cloud.
Elliott Smith > Wouldn't Mama Be Proud?
- If we just lay for a little while (so damn cool, so damn cool), makes we writhe, it can't be right.
Felix da Housecat > She's So D*mn Cool
- Life kid suck, drink from the box, the juice kicks up, life give suck the box drink ... yeah.
Underworld > Bruce Lee
- I got something to say that might cause you pain, if I catch you talking to that boy again, I'm gonna let you down and leave you flat.
The Beatles > You Can't Do That
- Every day in every way i'm falling, every thing that everyone says turns me on.
Travis > Indefinitely
- I ain' axin' yo' opinion. Oh, Bess, oh where's my Bess, won't somebody tell me where?
Ella Fitzgerald (among others) > Oh Bess, Where's My Bess
(emakelle got close: she guessed the musical)
- I've seen love go by my door, it's never been this close before, never been so easy or so slow.
Bob Dylan > You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go
(ldwheeler got this'n)
- Je n'ai pas peur de la route, faudrait voir, faut qu'on y goûte, des méandres au creux des reins, et tout ira bien là.
Noir Desir > Le Vent Nour Portera
(skibinskaya, quel surpris!)
- I wish I would've met you, now it's a little late. What you could'a taught me, I could've saved some face.
Filter > Hey Man Nice Shot
(2 for le crackmonkey)