I'm thinking about taking a Big Step and purchasing some real estate. But I don't quite know where, yet. I'm looking for some advice. So if you have a minute, want to throw some my way?
1) If you were a first-time homebuyer, where in or around Portland would you buy a home, and why?
2) Same question as above, but with the following additional factoids:
- you work downtown and would prefer to commute via bike or public transportation
- you have no kids and likely won't for at least 5 years
- you think a covered front porch is really neat
- you like spacious rooms
- you prefer older construction
- your budget is somewhere between $200-300K
Peas and spank you.