Sometimes you find that you're just a slave to expectation. Today I am perpetuating the white guy lawyer stereotype by leaving the office at 11am to play golf for the afternoon.
Say what you will, but there's something to be said for a sport that allows the participants to operate motorized vehicles while inebriated.
= = =
Not a lot of updates lately ... I am looking at HOUSES. Yes, I will be buying a HOUSE. The idea terrifies me a little, for some reason. A whole HOUSE, all to myself.
Here's what I want:
- a front porch, to sit outside on summer nights and sip on my gin'n'juice.
- a big room, maybe in the basement, to sit on a big couch and watch movies on a big TV.
- a front room, for TV-free socialization.
- a small room, maybe the garage, to play poker and smoke cigars.
- a decent-sized kitchen for when I attempt to cook.
- a little doggie.
- a back yard, and/or a nearby park, for my little doggie to run around.
- phatty master b.
Thus much of my time is driving around with a realtor or prowling the RMLS website. HEE!
= = =
I saw BATMAN BEGINS with The Hang on Saturday, all I gotta say is kick. ass.
writesthings's review, I think, sums it up.
= = =
Hung with the fam on Sunday, and showed my dad the entry I wrote for him last year ... for some reason I didn't have the guts to show it to him then.
His reaction was interesting, but gratifying. He was confused by the entire concept of blogging, and was asking me a bunch of questions about it, perhaps to compensate for the fact that he didn't know quite what to say.
"So other people can read it?"
"Well, only the people I want to read it."
"So like your friends?"
"Well, yes, although technically I've never met some of them. Well most of them."
"So you don't feel ... intimidated, by sharing thoughts like this with strangers?"
"It's kind of liberating actually."
"Well it's really -- this -- it's, um. Thanks."
:) :) :)
= = =