If you didn't make it, you missed:
- several members of my immediate family getting hysterically tipsy on three-buck Chuck
- several co-workers and LJ peeps doing the same
- a huge vat of chili, made by moi, adapted loosely from cheekyassmonkey's recipe
- meeting a lot of the people I write about in here
- meeting 38% of my nieces
- my youngest sister's apple pie
- the aforementioned sister after several glasses of the aforementioned wine, putting her arm around someone she "thought" was her husband
- The Hang's cornbread
- The Hang's veggie platter
- The Hang's fruit and cheese plates
- The Hang
- a lotta fun
Some LJ name-dropping is in order:
Thanks wuweibaby for the wine and the heaping basket-o-produce! sanguinity and grrlpup, it was great to meet you both, and thanks for Death by Chocolate Toffee Almonds (congrats Holly on the marathon!). zind4gi, looking slim and trim and fresh from your global voyage, thanks for taking the time to come and visit. fullerton, it was great to see you and to meet Jordan; you're welcome to come to all of my parties and hang out in my basement and watch TV. And, of course, beansbouf, it was wonderful (as always) to see you and The Steve.
cheekyassmonkey and cheekyspanker, so sorry to hear about your accident, and I sincerely hope the bimbo in the Sportage who ran you off the road was not, in fact, another of my sisters. acadiabaird, thanks for the voicemail, and I hope packing was as stress-free as possible. abrichar, I totally bow to Martin Sexton; hope the show was fun. oddiophile, hope YOUR show was fun as well! elamine and winter_in_asia, hope you both feel better.
And for those of you who rsvp'ed but just didn't show up, PLTHPLTHPLTHPLTHPLTH!